I’ve talked numerous times about my relationship with food, and I feel its only right – and fair, to keep on talking about it. After my interview with Odd Molly, where I brought it up i’ve gotten so many messages on my instagram. I know that it can be hard, really hard. Even though it’s behind me I still sometimes get those kind of thoughts, so I thought I would share it with you guys what I always think about when i’m tempted to fall back into bad habits.
– Breathe & applaud yourself for getting to where you are. Close your eyes and just take deep breaths, you’ve come so far. Which is such an achievement. Don’t let one negative thought bring back dangerous actions.
– I am so much more than my body! – At the end of the day your body is you, yes. But so is your personality, your emotions and actions. And my inside is pretty damn amazing!!
– Balance. I cannot stress this enough. Balance is the key to everything. When i’m home I work out and eat healthy, and when I feel like it I enjoy something not as healthy. And when i’m on vacation I let myself indulge. I let myself take a break from working out if I don’t feel like. And I eat a piece of cake. Balance will help you.
– What is healthy for you? for me healthy is doing what makes me happy. If working out makes me happy on a monday I will do it, if eating a piece of chocolate on a tuesday makes me happy I will do that to. Healthy is not just the foods you eat or the workouts you do. For me healthy is happy. I’m happy when I listen to loud musik and work out, and sometimes i’m happy laying in bed with popcorn.
– Listen to your body. Another important thing. If your body one day says no, don’t push it. I’ve learnt this. Example, I hurt my shoulder while working out and even though I really want to push myself and do an exercise that involves my shoulder I take it easy. It’s never worth going against your body. Your body is usually right, it usually lets you know what it’s capable of and what mood its in.
– Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are beautiful. Point out your insecurities, and instead of saying negative things about them – feed your insecurities with positivity. I’m going to share my insecurity with you guys, my arms. And today instead of reminding myself of what I don’t like about them I will write down what I like about them. They help me get through my everyday life, eating, working, getting to live the life I love. They are toned and can lift pretty heavy weights. And most importantly, they are a part of me. And I love me.
AND, if you ever need to talk to someone – message me on instagram, comment on my blog, email me. I’m here and I will always be here! x